Monday, May 12, 2008

bs, personal

Jobhunt is in full effect. The Evil office manager who bitched about not having enough notice (6 weeks wasn't enough?!) got a job in two weeks and left Jim high and dry to go to work for a guy Jim hates, who is probably just using Nancy to get ins on all Jim's clients.

So, under the guise of being fucked over by the man who has employed her for the past twenty seven years, she fucks him over instead. I always hated her anyway. Evil fucking bitch. As I told him from the get-go, I'm here til the doors close. Loyal as a simple dog, I suppose, but he's been a great boss, I've no regrets for my past three years here. So, I've got 20 days til I'm officially unemployed. No hurry. Maybe I should look into the whole publishing thang (as something more than a jokeline tossed off to the wife : "Well, all this free time will give me time to work on my novel" - accompanied by my famous shit-eating grin and followed by a scowl from her. She didn't like when I suggested that I go back to college and study to be an archaeologist, either, damn the luck.

Indiana Berryhill and the Lost Crusade. Sounds cool, but fuck college. I am too old for that shit and I don't need that many pretty girls around me with such a low threshold of self control. So far I've got four jobs- one- Ed Jones rep- as a fricking salesman, yes- this IS The field of investment advising, but I am loathe to move into 100% commissions and a life of hawking this stuff. One is a part-time IT tech support guy, which I guess is okay for the time being. And two are completely unrelated to my current position. One is in the "oil patch" and the pay is great, the other is outside work, which I love, but the pay sucketh. I guess I could always go back to work for the Great Satan (the family corporation)... And as much as my non-greed motivated heart pines for the new Camaros coming out in 2009, I think I'd rather explore the job opportunities in the afterlife before I go back to Daddy, piles of dirty money and all.

Tried some of that Salvia Infinity (the blue) last night while on a bender. Glad I didnt pay for that crap. There's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Fucked me up, but then again it could have been the Tuaca, peppermint pattys and Landshark lagers...

First time in about two months I actually went out. I crashed at my friends' house. Woke up and thought, yes- this is why I don't do this stupid shit anymore. Made it to work early still, armed with a random energy drink and pack of Klemke beef jerky. Doing my job, plus the evil bitch's... Got a call into her to explain how to update accounts in Centerpiece. She wouldn't train me on it while she was fear because she was afraid I'd take her job, and she splits without anyone knowing how to use it. Oh well. Not really my problem, but I am trying to get the business closed down in one piece.

I'll have some more original writing up later this week. Nothing so personal this time, but I like it.

2 comments:

Utah Savage said...

Real is what I like. I think what passes for real in the world of literature is what's worth writing and reading. Who doesn't love Proust, and Peyps, and Celine, and now someone like Ian McEwan or ....Stop me, or this will go on forever? Want to talk literature come see me. I could give a shit less about allegory, or superhero bullshit, or sci fi crap, nor horror, or any other genre fiction. I want real life in all it's boring ambiguity and petty bullshit. I want the thoughts that drift through the mind during the things we do by rote or the things that seem to happen so randomly in our lives.

Not personal BS at all. Personal, maybe. Bull shit? Not so much.

Anonymous said...

yes. i like it real, too. keep it coming.

and thanks for the post pointing to my blog.