Monday, January 20, 2014

The Dreamer Journal

The Dreamer journal had a Boris Vallejo painting on the cover- Dragon Slayer.


I wrote this explanation on page 1 of the journal:

The Cover; why?:
Myself, against the powers of the unknown, striving to defeat that which is, binding the logic that holds man back and using it to unveil new (and old) mysteries.

On the inside cover I wrote this dedication from a collection of the Marquis de Sade's writing I had:

"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others! My manner of thinking stems straight from my considered reflections; it holds with my existence, with the way I am made. It is not in my power to alter it; and were it, I'd not do so. This manner of thinking you find fault with is my sole consolation in Life; It alleviates all my sufferings in prison, it composes all my pleasures in the world outside, it is dearer to me than life itself. Not my manner of thinking, but the manner of thinking of others has caused my unhappiness. The reasoning man who scorns the prejudices of simpletons necessarily becomes the enemy of simpletons; he must expect as much, and laugh at the inevitable.

The Marquis De Sade

On the Dedication/Title page I wrote the following:

For Enlightenment, Entertainment
In the interest of furthering my own knowledge of myself, life and my thoughts of the cohesive spirits which hold all together-  Fade 10/13/93

No comments: