Sunday, January 19, 2014

Carnations and Cash

She told me that she liked the flowers, but that she'd prefer Gifts that she can hold on to.

...

Deja Vu - I've heard this conversation before. It broke my heart the first time- And it breaks my heart again...

The Gift in "Flowers" is not only a gift, its a lesson- and, damn, its almost starting to feel like a test. Apparently one that the women that I chase after fail.

If she's doing the mental math to consider what I could have bought for her = instead of those damn, dying flowers- well... I don't want to dwell on that, too much.

It's at that point that she 'lost' me- or at least lost a part of my respect. You either get it, or you don't.

I'm not going to explain it.

I'll take a woman who prefers flowers to Diamond- ANY DAY.

- if I can find one...

(wink)

1/18/14

No comments: