Monday, January 20, 2014

April 1999 - Skeleton Journal

1st entry, Skeleton Journal 4/18/99

Well, since my other books are poems, thoughts, dreams,etc. I will just make this one a simple journal. Document my daily tribulations and whatnot. Here goes...

It's a Sunday night, about 10:45. Andrea and I are the only ones here, Steve Wariner is playing on the stereo, the haunting yet optimistic song "Holes in the floor of Heaven.". A whole lot happened this weekend. Too damn much, in fact. Started off Friday with Clayton and Bubba going to jail. No big deal there. A little respite for me, actually- and hopefully some meaningful reflection for the two of them. It's hard to write about this because I have talked to about ten people this weekend about those two, and it's getting to be a stale conversation. Suffice it to say: They have screwed up for the last time- (well at least around me). Clayton is supposed to get out around midnight tonight. I had decided to tell him to go someplace else. but I don't really know exactly what I will do until I do it. I can't take care of my friends indefinitely. Even though they don't seem to have a problem with it (Yah right).

Andrea is right at seven and a half months pregnant now. She is expecting a girl. Amethyst Sky Berryhill- Amy for short. If it was a boy, the name was to be Tristan Cain. But it looks like a girl. My first daughter- and Andrea's first child. We have just about everything we need, changing table, carseats, stroller, etc,etc, etc. It hasn't been a bad pregnancy. Andrea hasn't been a bit of trouble, like all my married friends have said. Of course, Andrea isn't a bitch, like your normal woman. She really is a gem. I thank god or whoever is responsible for bringing her to me every time that I curl up next to her at night. She has been dealing with this latest crisis quite well. I think that she has wanted me to put my foot down long ago, but bless her heart, she trusts me to do the right thing without any undue (or due) nagging.

Anyway, I don't want to go on and on about my troubles. I worked on the yard all day, after taking Andrea out to Zoo-kini's restaurant for lunch. We relaxed at home, made love and started to watch a movie, What Dreams May Come. Ric and Cyndi showed up and watched with us. The movie was great, really a thought provoking one. It was the kind of movie that makes you set back and take stock of what you have in life. I am happy to have two wonderful sons and a wife that I thought couldn't possibly exist. And I appreciate their love, and their very existence very much. They ARE my life. Well. its getting late, and I'm getting tired. I guess this is a weird way to start a journal, but there it is... Bye.

Entry 2  Skeleton Journal 4/19/99
Quick Entry: I'm surfing the internet, drinking Mickies left over from the weekend. Andrea's taking a bath. I just won an argument about Ally Mcbeal - about the John "Guy's" age. Yes! I rule! Anyway- I just remembered my new journal thingie and decided to enter something over not writing in the damn thing at all- (Dedication Baby! Aren't you jealous?) Alright gotta go! - Kirk

No comments: