Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Stalling the Sandman

You ain't living til you are explaining inflation to an eight year old. 20 minutes later we went from the Supreme court to bad dreams and how to control them.

Yes, it's bedtime and all manner of exotic subjects arise to prevent the coming of the sandman. We discussed it a little bit, how to realize you are in a bad dream, and that you have the power to control the direction of the dream and stop whatever BAD THING is after you (it was a guy with an ax in this example).. So finally, another hug, I said a quick little charm for her benefit, and to all a good night...

Well not all. I think I'm going to make another vid tonight... play with movie maker and some muzak. I made my goodbyes on HOTRS. Gonna miss it, but man, it takes ALL my time. And I really can't be totally myself while I am in "Activist" mode. Sometimes you just got take some time off from attempting to be the good guy and just be the fuckup that you are... That's what this blog is ALL Aboot... Oh, yah- apologized emphatically to the female unit. All is well in matrimonyland.

Don't be a dick. Don't be a dick. Must-not-be-assholey. Must-suppress-innate-bastard-nature....

Anyway...

4 comments:

The Poor Blogger said...

Here's two potential prayers. The first is from the Canterbury Tales and, thus, is Christian:

Jesus Crist and St. Benedite (Benedict)
Bless this house from each evil wight
For the night hag the white Pater Noster
Where did you go St. Peter's Soster.

Not sure yet what that one means. This one is a slightly truncated version of the Lorica (Breastplate) of St. Patrick, but I think you might like it. This version is from Madeline L'Engle's A Swiftly Tilting Planet:

With Tara (or something else), in this fateful hour
I call on heaven with all heaven with its power,
The sun with its brightness,
The snow with its whiteness,
The fire with all the strength it hath,
The lightning with its rapid wrath,
The winds with their swiftness along their path,
The sea with its deepness,
The rocks with its starkness,
All these I place,
By God's almighty help and grace,
Between myself and the powers of darkness.

Another version of the same portion of the prayer:

I bind unto myself today
the virtues of the starlit heaven;
The glorious suns' life-giving ray;
The whiteness of the moon at even;
The flashing of the lightning free;
The whirling wind's tempestuous shocks;
The stable earth; the deep salt sea.

I call upon the noble earth
To give me strength both day and night
Her granite and her gems of worth
Are tokens of her various might
And from her shores the endless sea
In calm and tempest girds the sphere
And like the earth, the waters free
Shall be my trust against all fear

Above the earth and waters wide
The air enfolds the globe's fair breast
In it good spirits do abide,
I count on them in strife and rest
And last of all, the golden fire
Shall be my great and strong ally
The goodly spirits that never tire
Are all my strength below, on high

Faded said...

Wow. This is why I like you, Mister Kester. Thank you for that. I bet Amy will love them.

Very, very cool.

billie said...

'Don't be a dick. Don't be a dick. Must-not-be-assholey. Must-suppress-innate-bastard-nature...'

:) hee

Utah Savage said...

Ok, I'm beginning at the new beginning. This I understand. I shall proceed. You are a very interesting man for an old woman to follow around.