Thursday, April 24, 2008

Deadbeat Moms

My daughter is crying again. Their mom can't come get them. I couldn't get a hold of her earlier this week, and now I know why. She didn't return any of my calls. She hasn't been at her apt.

Then today her room-mate calls me to tell her she's had enough and she's moving out. My ex is over at her roommate's ex bf's, fucked up on dope. She (the soon to be ex-roommate) is having an argument with her. I told her to tell the ex-wife (since she's not bothering to call me back) that she needs to call me. She is supposed to keep them this weekend, and I don't know what's going on. And with her fucked up ass, if I haven't heard from her in a couple of days, she's usually screwing up.

She was. I finally get a string of texts. Which tell me she sorry she hasn't called. She's had laryngitis for the past 3 and a half days. Oh, well gosh. She can't keep the kids because she only has one can of black eyed peas and one can of corn and has been running fever and gosh she loves the kids so much. Will I tell them for her?

Well, fuck. I guess I have to, don't I? Since she is so sick she can't tell them herself. So I let Amy read the text messages after I told her that her mommy wouldn't be picking her up this weekend. Amy was crying and as usual, I was getting blamed for her mother's inability to ... well, be a mom. "It's not Fair! Now I won't see her for a month!" "I know, baby. I know. I can't do anything about it."

So she cried. I talked to her. I tried to console her. Then she went and played with the neighbors for a while. But then she broke down again later. She's almost 9. Her birthday is in 10 days. Will her mom be straight by then? You know, life isn't some bowl of peaches for me. I manage to work full time, be a dad full time, still take care of shit and hey- actually have fun sometimes too.
But I ditched the dopeheads and the losers and the fly by night sex partners because my kids matter more. I haven't pushed the child support issue. I haven't pushed anything. I give her the benefit of the doubt, time and time again. What will it take for her to decide those kids are more important than her social life?

4 Days a month. That is IT. That's is all the time she has to be a fucking mom. 96 hours a month. But she can't do it. She can't hold a job and she can't take care of herself. And people wonder why it's so damn hard for me to respect women when I only know a handful that can take care of themselves and about a hundred of these new-man-a-week lazy can't hold a fucking job sluts.

I can deal with almost anything. But it's damn near impossible to deal with someone who hurts my daughter so consistently. My youngest doesnt care. Her mom is just this lady that shows up every once in awhile. But Amy has been devastated all her life by her mom. And just when she's getting better, her mom decides its a good time to start fucking up again.

There is nothing so vile as a mother who abandons her children.

No comments: