Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Breaking Clean

Trying to think of one big kick ass post to end my political blog with. Got the pic made, already. Think I'll give it a week and throw up the grand "poof" and I'm gone. Burnt out on the political arena. I've had a lot of good feedback- but it made me realize I really, really have no interest in a career in political journalism or punditry. I've met a hell of a lot of cool people- and above all - I've learned so much through being a part of it. But the end of May will be one whole huge clean break with a lot of things-

Leaving the financial group- the Marriage - a baby on the way- Mom dying- So much shit happening, both ending and beginning... I have to focus on carving my way through this financial turmoil and figuring out where I am going in the coming years. I guess we go where Lauren's career takes us. You know me, I love the chaos, I'll be happy wherever I end up. The boys are grown now. That's a sobering thought. It seems like a blink, now. So much stuff. A life that has definitely been lived- and it ain't over yet.

I got to pull that peace out of the chaos that is me and find a center in this void. If I don't, I will ruin the lives of those closest to me, who rely on me still.

Ah, life- almost no one gets out of it alive.

I don't expect to get out of it alive, but it would be nice, to leave it a better place than I have in the past...

No comments: