Friday, April 25, 2008

Retirement

Well, I'll be outta the investment biz soon. I've enjoyed working for my boss, who's a great guy, but I don't like helping all these rich assholes move money around to avoid paying their taxes. I've learned quite a bit tho. My boss didn't want to retire, but its just too much stress. He's a good guy, he's got my back if things don't work out. I'm exploring the options- have a month to get a new job before my current pay stops. I am hoping to get into something more independent- I have even put some thought into opening some franchisebusinesses here, just something to manage on the side- a fast-food restaurant and a little quick-lube biz. Easy money.

We will see. Right now, I'm closing out the last of the positions for the clientele, doing inventory and throwing out everything that isn't sell-able when the doors close here. And building my resume, which is what I am supposed to be doing right now, but I decided to side track here. I am going to kill off my political blog. Think I've said whatever I felt I needed to say. Vented a lot of anger and met a LOT of really great people (mostly Americans from all across the country). It's too damn bad that so many people here in West Texas are just so damn moronic. Hard to find any decent people to converse with. Well back to the Rez...

No comments: