Friday, October 14, 2011

Send her my Love

i found Misha today.

Dana was my first, my innocence, my beauty, my goddess.

Misha was my first bad girl, the end of my innocence. She was my beauty, my goddess, but of a whole different pantheon of passion and emotion.

I have dreamed of her for 20 odd years. I had one picture of her, those years ago. When I ran away from home and ended up getting arrested in New Mexico, all those years ago, they confiscated the guns, the stolen "evidence" and my wallet, which had pictures of Dana, Charla Cusimano, Courtney, and my one pic of Misha.

I have not seen her since.

I discovered that my best friend Greg, knew her, in Amarillo, years before. We were college roommates, talking about our first loves. I mentioned Misha, described her in so much perfect detail, that he recognized her. I recalled that she had moved from Amarillo to Lubbock. And it was so crazy- He knew her as the most beautiful girl in his school, before she moved off.

And she had moved to Lubbock and met me. She was so wild, so free, so decadent, and even so corrupt. She was the girl that made it impossible for all other girls that followed. She was a hard act to follow.

I've looked for her, on and off, for years.

I've heard this, and that. And ran into her Dad a time or two, years after she was gone.

But then, she was gone.

And- I found her tonight.

No matter how jaded i think I am, I walked on clouds today, having seen her once again.

Love never forgets.

No comments: