Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Twisting Relationships

A good friend is a thousand times more irreplaceable than a good lover.

There are days when the love you bear a good friend stretches into the possiblity of, or the realm of- romantic love and passionate love.

I find myself fearful of possibilities like this. There is too much to lose when you cross that line. And you almost never can get back to that point once the line is crossed- you experience that level of relationship, and it doesnt work out, and then you struggle to get back to the purity of the friendship- where you were before.

I want my next lover - if there ever is one- to be my friend too. But I value my best friends too highly to corrupt that perfect relationship with the chaos of Love, the greed of Lust, and the insecurity of uneven hearts.

No comments: