Sunday, September 1, 2013

Conversations: Self Absorbtion, part 215

K
Whiskey in the morning love, going to be a grand fine day :).I love you
 
L
I love you too. You like Patty?
 
K
very nice. Lil took Twist to Arizona…seeing Evan and Andrew
 
L
I usually cry at that song
 
K
I was so pissed at first- and then I realized I was just feeling jealous and guilty- she's doing what I should be. I am such an absolute failure at times. I put in the day to day efforts, but never the big ones
 
L
You're human.
 
K
I don't want to be - I pretend to be larger than life= Sometimes, i even AM. The only thing larger than my self righteousness is my hypocrisy. God, I boil, in this head of mine
 
L
That's what I'm here for.
 
K
I Know. And I'd say that is why i love you, but that's a selfish reason. I love you for so much more than that, anyway, but in the low tides, I do appreciate you knowing who i am
i am in many ways a hermit, even in this town
 
L
I fully accept you for the shithead you are.
 
K
sometimes i'll see someone looking at me with Pity. Jesus fucking Christ.
i'm pitied. I'd rather be hated
 
L
They don't know you.
 
K
maybe they do- maybe i am a fool for not finding love where it is
Not bringing you here
 
L
And why do you care what they think?
 
K
not giving, not freeing myself. I don't, but a man has to reflect. Only a fool ignores his surroundings. The day you stop learning is the day you die
L
You are a fool. But you wouldn't be you if you did anything differently.
 
K
if i knew it all, i'd be happy. And i'm not. damn= maybe I've become a caricature of the wounded drunken artist that I've emulated all these years
 
L
If you knew it all, there'd only be a different reason you're not happy.
Art imitates life?
 
K
Life imitates art, i am afraid
Me, spiting appearances, only to mold myself into a cookie cutter image anyway
AND THAT is the absolute shittiest thing I've ever realized.
about myself
Fuck- I AM that predictable, in my own unpredictability.
ouch.
 
L
I knew that.
 
K
i guess, that i didn’t. dammit. I don't want to be afuckin joke. Especially when i'm not the one laughing
 
L
Nobody said you were a joke.
Don't go there Kirk.
Is punishing yourself going to make you feel better, or change anything?
 
K
The point is, To LEARN.
 
L
So what's the lesson?
 
K
Must it be so focused? I suppose the lesson is to NOT make your life a joke, to not be pitied, to Love and be loved. and i know that's foolish- for every one person that loves what you do, another will equally hate it
 
L
I think, to love and be loved... Is pretty much the essence of the soul.
 
K
The Lesson, THIS lesson- is NOT to be predictable. Or is it? I am investing too much into other's perceptions of who I am. The most unpredictable person is the fool who does not know themselves.
 
L
You can't take into account others hearts. Worry about your own. The rest will follow.
 
K
I Know myself. This i do.
 
L
When are you gonna forgive yourself?
Let love in.
 
K
I'm trying.
There's a lot of surrender involved, and most of me is ME because i never Surrender
L
But if your surrendering to something better, isn't it worth it?
 
K
Now, there's where it gets complicated. I surrender today, and tomorrow, she realizes it wasn't something better. Or I do. And then all this big heart of mine or hers- proves itself as hollow. The thing is, you don't know until you TRY. And most of the time, its me- and it hurts just the same- because I wanted it to be that true love- and it wasn't, and now I have to be the dick- and i have to break HER heart because I don't settle for less. and when its her, that has to be the dick- to whom I don't meet their expectations in the end- I know how she feels- but I'm still lost in love- because she met all mine- and its a crushing, crushing thing to love someone absolutely and know they are discarding you for something so abstract as "expectations"
 

L

Why does it have to be so conditional?
K
why does fire burn?
 
L
I don't do expectations. And not being with someone doesn't mean you love them less. I love Rusty, I love Jason, but I don't want to be with them. It doesn't have to hurt.
Failure isn't bad. It just is. Take love for what it is, and be grateful.
I love you.
 
K
and I you
transcribing this all, btw
we always have really good conversations
 
L
Good, you need to write.
We have honest conversation.
 
K
brutally so, sometimes, brutal and beautiful

 

No comments: