Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Time Capsule 39-winter-sober-captainslog

Girl scouts stuff is killing me... Ugh. 3 meetings this week and we are doing some massive garage sale that we have to set up for Friday and then do all day Saturday. Never mind that I had the first date I've had in six months set up for Friday.... So, maybe cancelling that, not sure how much time its going to take. I KNOW we have to raise money for this trip for the girls to Washington, but jeez this nonstop fundraising crap is a pain in my ass.

It'll be worth it for the girls in the end, but right now it consumes just about every little bit of free time that I have. I got a promotion, sort of= it wasn't a payraise promotion, I just got selected to move to a different team that has more complex duties. I feel good, since I was the one asked for specifically, so that was good. It will open another door in the company, be one more aspect of the system that I will now be versed in. So, that's all good. It isn't an actual position shift, I still have the same office, same pay level. But when annual reviews come this March, I'm hoping this will boost my stock a bit more than normal.

The most immediate impact is that now, I can do all the duties I was doing, plus this team is overwhelmed and short-staffed. So, OVERTIME. All I want. So I go in an hour before my regular 9 hour shift and then work a little afterwards, if the girls don't have anything pressing. Then I can go in Saturday and Sunday too, if there's nothing else on the girls' agenda that I have to handle. The new position is a lot more troubled and chaotic and only one of the team members seems to be on the ball whatsoever, so its a lot of fun for someone like me, who loves to re-build entire processes to my own liking and implement efficiencies that seem obvious to me but which are overlooked by the other employee's mainly cause they just don't give a shit. My brain is always stuck in high gear, so it was a little overwhelming at first, and now, I'm settling in and fixing things the way I want them. So, its pretty much a win-win, all around.

Mmmm what else is new? Not much. My life is pretty much just kids and my job right now. I guess that's all it has been for years, now. ? I have been starting to think more about the book I wanted to write for the kids= the "Primitive Blood" cross-history of Native American philosophy/lore and Celtic philosophy/lore. I need a new computer so I can start the research in earnest. I want it to be almost a bible of a tome of old world tribal heathenism in its most righteous form. I think I'm the best qualified to re=kindle the old flames with a new form of fiery faith.

But, then, I think I'm best qualified for everything, so go figure...

No comments: