Monday, December 26, 2011

Drink yourself to sleep, now



It never gets any easier.

If it weren't for the girls, I could forget her and move on.

Every new day that she isn't here for them is a new abandonment for me.
It's another one of those nights. I haven't cried in a long time, but I'm crying now.
Is it for her? or is it for me?

or is it for Amy and Rain?

i guess a little bit of them, and a Lot of me

Damn the stupidity in us all.

She put him out, like the burning end of a midnight cigarette.
She broke his heart.
He spent his whole life trying to forget.
They watched him drink his pain away, a little at a time
but he never could get drunk enough, to get her off his mind..
until tonight
he put that bottle to his head and pulled the trigger
he finally drank away her memory
Life is short, but this time it was bigger,
than the strength he had to get he had to get up off his knees
They found him with his face down in the pillow,
with a note that said "I'll love her til I die"
and when we buried him beneath the willow,
the angels sang a whiskey lullabye..

No comments: