Thursday, December 24, 2009

Exile in Nietzsche

"One generally mistakes me: I confess it; also I should be done a great service if someone else were to defend and define me against these mistakes."

Fade translation: I have not the time to waste on YOUR misconceptions. But to those who will set the fools straight, you have my undying gratitude.

Double alternate Drunken Fade translation (added later, when realllly drunk for clarity): I am such a fucking badass, I don't have to explain myself. Hey- can one of my groupies do that?

"Here the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for peace of soul and pleasure, then believe; if you wish to be a devotee of truth, then inquire."

Fade translation: Sheep, Shephard, Wolf or Outcast. The part YOU pick defines you.

"Do we after all seek rest, peace, and pleasure in our inquiries? No, only truth-even if it be most abhorrent and ugly."

FT: Must I explain that?

"Every true faith is infallible inasmuch as it accomplishes what the person who has the faith hopes to find in it; but faith does not offer the least support for a proof of objective truth."

FT: Truth transcends all faith. Faith is the willful rebuttal of truth for no other sake, but to reject reality in the service of an abstinence of thought.

"The world is poor for anyone who has never been sick enough for this "voluptuousness of hell"; it is permitted, it is almost imperative, to employ a formula of the mystics at this point."

FT: ... i canna put it better than that, now can I?



No comments: