Thursday, April 23, 2009

Letter to my daughters 4th grade English teacher

Edited - (My wife works for the school, so I made it a little more polite before I gave it to her Friday morning):

4/23/09

Ms. Stone,

I would appreciate it if you would keep your thoughts on politics to yourself and not aimed at your class of nine and ten year olds. My child repeated some of the slurs you made against our President and I am appalled that you would abuse your position of authority with these children to go on a political rant that was terribly misinforming.

I won’t deign to educate you on your misconceptions about which of our chief executives, past or present, is to blame for the poor state of the union at this moment. Let’s just say we can agree to disagree.

However, you aren’t teaching civics or politics. Write a letter to the Levelland paper if you need to vent, but please keep our children out of earshot of your rhetorical rants. I would prefer you to stick to the subjects the school pays you to teach.

Very Sincerely,

Christopher Kirk Berryhill

1 comment:

Life As I Know It Now said...

how dare she! but I'm afraid that it is all too common an occurrence.