Monday, November 19, 2012

Nurture

Still here...

surprised? I am

I guess. But. I'm a keep-on keeping on kind a guy. Nobody's gonna take care of Amy and Rain, so I have to stay on the path.

They are doing well. I'd love to take the credit. But they are so amazing, I honestly cant fathom that I may be responsible for that. All my kids are so much better than I was, than my brothers and sisters were.

They are damn sure better than both their parents.

And that is, of course, my ultimate goal.

Instill the good things of my self, and boil away the bad.

Give them the guidance I never had- help them to learn from my mistakes- even while I make more.

i fear I'm not a good positive example, but I am a lesson in what-not-to-do.

I think they get it.

Like I say, they are smart girls.

And = LOVE THEM. Love them more than you could ever love yourself (if ever you did).

They can sense it. And sometimes, I see them trying hard to live up to how perfect I think they are, and that's such a good thing. Because they cannot fail me.

They never will, they never could. But i will try to give them reason to excel, to blossom, to live past their own expectations.

As long as they don't fail themselves, I have done what i was supposed to.

No comments: