Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Last caress...


SCENE: Sitting in front of a Computer screen, opening yahoo messenger to a chat window all alone-

ME: I know you ain’t around, but my avatar is a pic of the new kirk

Hopefully new and MUCH improved...

I want to see pics of this baby by the way when it gets here

ME: ACTUALLY, I'd love to see pics of you right now, preggo as hell, but I bet you are avoiding the camera like the plague

ME: Stupid as it may sound, believe it or not- I am more excited that you are expecting than I was for my own new bambino

ME: The only immortality you will ever touch is now growing inside you. Enjoy.

I remember how your eyes lit up, (even decades later) whenever you were happy and excited about something- I hope that time has not eroded that passionate kid inside you.
There has never been a smile that touched me the way yours did- When you-

ME (interrupting my own reverie): Any-way... I digress.

Enjoy. Enjoy. Enjoy.

You deserve this.

ME: This will be my final "ex dipshit-bf waxing drunken poetic in a messenger window all alone" message. I am happy for you.

It ain’t much, but I humbly pass along my best wishes... and a boyish smile that is less shit-eating grin than it is pure, childlike glee for the girl I loved, so long ago, and still.


Enjoy.

(for Angela Christine Rash)



No comments: